Or call our technical support: +31852080825

Available Monday through Friday from 7AM to 3:30PM CET
Please create a ticket before calling and keep the ticket number at hand.
At the moment we are only offering support in English, so we kindly ask you to address your issue in English.
Start a new topic

How to print correctly filaflex filament with Creatr-repetier?

Hi!

I am trying to print an object with filaflex and pva as support.

I have 2 problems :

- The major : During printing the extrusion of filaflex stops because it loose the alignement(  after one retractation, i guess).

- The minor : When pla is printing, filaflex continue to flow (which is not a problem now because my object is small but will be a problem when i will do a bigger one

I tried 230° and 220° temperature for filaflex. You can find my gcode here

I could print something without support, but not very clean and note complete.

Does someone succeed to do such a print? How?

stl

I succeed in keeping the filaflex  flow working until the end  by keeping the filament in my hand and not directly by tubes.

But the result is not clean at all. this is not a demisphere :s. I will try with others parameters of infill (for now density 0.4 and rectilinear) and let you know

Hi Caroline,

Did you have succeed with the filaflex??

I have tried all temps between 230-260 degrees, and speeds going down to 20 mm/s. I have also tried cooling the filament, but 30 minutes into the print, the filament bunches up and everything comes to a screeching halt. I noted that the bunching occurs when the extruder motor heats up to a certain degree, and the metal parts feeding the filament are almost too hot to touch. Design problem maybe? I've talked to Recreus in Spain, and they say that they do not have an extruder that is compatible, even though it is listed on their site that it is. I've looked at the E3D extruders, and they look like something that would probably work, and better than the stock extruders available. There is a suggestion of drilling out the tube to the hot end to 4 mm, and getting some 4mm OD/ 2mm ID PTFE tubing to retrofit, and wondered if anyone has tried this. The E3D package is 40 pounds and I'm not sure if that is compatible or not. 

I would live to hear any opinions on this, as there are some projects that require flexible material for handles (no, not sex toys), and I need to be able to know one way or the other.

Best Regards,

Eliza

OK--one other thought--the smaller the nozzle size, the higher the back pressure. If the back pressure is part of the problem, going up on the nozzle diameter might be a work-around. I am using a stock 0.35mm nozzle, and it definitely has problems, so perhaps going up on the nozzle diameter might work. Once again I am open to any thoughts on this.

Dear Elizabeth Donavan,

In order to print fila flex on the Creatr Dual printer I would suggest having a look at the link below and see the adaptor a Leapfrog Creatr user developed in order to print ninja flex on his Creatr Dual.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:321258

I believe this might help you with printing fila flex.

Login or Signup to post a comment

User Manuals

Quick Start Guide

Print Settings

Demo Print Downloads

Drivers Downloads

Software Downloads

Firmware Downloads

Please request a firmware download via the Ticket System

Creatr HS Video Library