Or call our technical support: +31852080825

Available Monday through Friday from 7AM to 3:30PM CET
Please create a ticket before calling and keep the ticket number at hand.
At the moment we are only offering support in English, so we kindly ask you to address your issue in English.
Start a new topic

Print Bed and Extruder Height issues

Hello! 

I spent my first day experimenting with the Leapfrog Creatr yesterday, and got familiar with the software and interface, tried a few test prints, etc. They were duds, but that's to be expected on the first time out. Very exciting, none the less!

So far, the roadblock I can't seem to surmount is the distance from the print head to the extruder. The user manual (and forum comments) recommend having a sheet of paper's distance between the extruder and the print bed, but so far I've failed to achieve this. We've tried the following-

-Manually adjusting the print bed using a wrench and the four corner screws on the print bed. After getting the bed nice and close to the extruder, I tried a print, and the bed just lowered back down to its previous distance when printing (5 or so milimeters away from the extruder)

-Adjusting the Z Offset in the Slicer Configuration/Printer Settings (I'm using Repetier-Host, the free software that comes with the printer). I can offset the bed further away from the extruder, but no matter what inputs I try, I can't seem to get the bed closer to the extruder. I'm remembering to reslice my objects, and the adjusted height shows up graphically in the g-code editor, but the general distance remains the same.

Also, apologies for posting here. I know this probably should have been a support ticket, but the support ticket area didn't believe my American phone number was real. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Dear Jesse Cowan,

Thank you for writing on the forum. May I ask whether you have uploaded the correct firmware? If you need further help in deciding whether you did or not, please check this solution.

Thank you,

Leapfrog technical support team

Got it. Unfortunately the firmware updated didn't address the problem though.

Ended up adjusting the bed sensor height in the back to fix our issues.
Login or Signup to post a comment

User Manuals

Quick Start Guide

Print Settings

Demo Print Downloads

Drivers Downloads

Software Downloads

Firmware Downloads

Please request a firmware download via the Ticket System

Creatr HS Video Library