Or call our technical support: +31852080825

Available Monday through Friday from 7AM to 3:30PM CET
Please create a ticket before calling and keep the ticket number at hand.
At the moment we are only offering support in English, so we kindly ask you to address your issue in English.
Start a new topic

Wishlist for standalone

Hi

here are some functions I would like to see in the standalone menu sometime:

- make the overall speed faster or slower during printing

- move the base up and down

thanks

2 people like this idea

I have my brand new Creatr HS since some days now and I am amazed by the quality of the printer.

If I have to add my own cents... I agree with Marc above..
to have the possibility to control at least the Z axis  (eventually with X and Y blocked at zero position) would help a lot to do basic operations in standalone mode, like:
  • changing the filament roll
  • loading and unloading filament
  • have enough clearance for extruding some material when changing color or type of filament
  • have room to change a sticker on the bed or remove the printed object, without risking to touch the nozzles at the end of a print
Maybe it could be enough to have something like a "Heads to home" selection in the panel (e.g. with X,Y = 0 and Z in the middle).

Also, a suggestion about the very welcome "preheat" function in standalone mode:
I would suggest to change the Z zero position that the head takes when when you select "preheat" from the front panel: the Z axis position should be probably in between max and min position... to me the fact that now the bed goes up to the nozzle when preheating presents the following problems:
  • the nozzles get very close to the bed... when heating up some filament melts and has no space to hang down, so it tends to form a bubble around the nozzle which can be a bit annoying when the print starts
  • some one may need to use preheat in order to set up the bed once it is warm (e.g. the ones that use paper glue as a sticking material), having the bed so close to the nozzles and guides when pre-heating can be harmful

Because of the above issues, at the present I am not able to use the printer in full standalone mode, but need to connect to my PC via USB from time to time in between prints.

Other than that I think the current standalone features and interface are great, and the print from USB pen  works simply like a charm... big value add!

Keep on the great work

I completely agree with these comments.

It's not really possible to load the filaments as described in the manual of the HS.

It would be nice to set the bed at a distance of about 50mm while loading the filaments.

I really want to use this device as a stand alone machine.

I would like to install the simplify 3D software on my desktop which is in another room where the printer stands so I cannot use simplify 3D to control the printer via usb.

Is it still possible to control the printer with the repetier software ?

Look at 'Octoprint'! Very easy to connect to CreatR HS, replaces the useless stand-alone and user interface.

Please note that any change and alteration you make to the printer which can cause issues later on means that the warranty will be void.

Login or Signup to post a comment

User Manuals

Quick Start Guide

Print Settings

Demo Print Downloads

Drivers Downloads

Software Downloads

Firmware Downloads

Please request a firmware download via the Ticket System

Creatr HS Video Library