Or call our technical support: +31852080825

Available Monday through Friday from 7AM to 3:30PM CET
Please create a ticket before calling and keep the ticket number at hand.
At the moment we are only offering support in English, so we kindly ask you to address your issue in English.
Start a new topic

never printed one proper piece.

hi,

we orderer a LPRFG creatr HS last june (2014) , and finally got it shipped around the 5th december. (...) yes 6 months.

We received the printer and the struggle began, no tutorial , except a vimeo where 2 people are unpacking the printer , connecting to the macbook and it works !!!
well that didn't turn out for us.
we connected the printer and the bed didn t move alone. it wasn t even at the right position (not like in the video)  when we unpacked it and it was not easy to cut the stuff out of it. after unpacking we looked for some king of unpacking text but notihng to find. finally we went on lpfrg website i was a bit astonished to see how poor the explanations are.

Since a month , i tried many things to get a proper print but it seem to be as complicated as DIY printers.
first, the printer is not always getting usb connection with computer.

1. the software simplify wasn t sent with the printer, and i had first to try with other software like repetier... in the tutorial , its said that there is a special slider file for mac , but the link doesn t exist. ok let s try with a pc.

2. we tried printing with windows but after 2 min of printing, the motor wich provide filaments begins to get forward and backward. with every pc , i m still thinking taht somethig is wrong with the usb connection of the printer, it's also the first time i see that king of AA type usb cable, not the same as on video tutorial. wich is a A/B usb cable.

3.back to mac, i finally got simplify3D,but the software didn t work with yosemite !!! All right , i downgraded my computer.... Now the next problem is to connect the printer to my mac, is seems to be randomly recognized. sometimes turning off printer and on, isn t enough to have the printer back by usb on the mac...

4. when it s finally recognized, we couldnt make it  to find the right temperature, speed ETC... to print a proper piece. and the filaments stops getting out of the headprinters after 10 min of printing.??

so , i m looking for a 3D file that works easily and the specific simplify configuration to print it.  just to be sure that i'm just an idiot noob, and that my creatr HS is worth buying.

I don't have an HS, however:

Have you looked at the manual:

http://www.lpfrg.com/ftp/support/creatrhs/manuals/Leapfrog-3D-Printers_Creatr-HS-Manual.pdf

Also there are a couple of demo prints on the web site that have been sliced with Simplify 3D for the HS. This is the one that uses the right extruder only. (Black Fan - PLA) Make sure you are in the HS part of the web site to find it.

[Posted at 2 pm Central time, January 11, 2015, Minneapolis, Minnesota]

Fan.jpg
(80.1 KB)

i took this file but the problem remains the usb connection , lpfrg told me to connect directly to the motherboard.
printer was not seen s by computers, so i went back to there weird usb AA cable

Still, no filament is coming out of the printer, even with test extruding , with repetier or lpfrg, with both headers.

Login or Signup to post a comment

User Manuals

Quick Start Guide

Print Settings

Demo Print Downloads

Drivers Downloads

Software Downloads

Firmware Downloads

Please request a firmware download via the Ticket System

Creatr HS Video Library