Or call our technical support: +31852080825

Available Monday through Friday from 7AM to 3:30PM CET
Please create a ticket before calling and keep the ticket number at hand.
At the moment we are only offering support in English, so we kindly ask you to address your issue in English.
Start a new topic

Worst thing I have ever Bought!

I received an Creatr Hs last week and managed to produce one lovely pinch wheel pulley, but since then 90% of my filament is in the bin

Firstly the fan duct melted and fell off, why is this made of ABS and positioned right next to the extruders where it can melt, fixed that by changing design (which leapfrog sent me as a way of solving the problem) and then bending down the fan and mount.

Next the bed takes ages to heat up, solved this by installing more insulation under heated bed and using a removable heat blanket on top.

Now the extruder temps wont stabilize one minute they are to hot then they cool down and will not reheat to the set parameters set on the control panel either on the computer or printer itself.

Its also very difficult to print with PVA because this either buckles in the drive wheel even when speed turned down to 40% and temp of 190-200 or if you leave it in the drive wheel for more then 15min it pinches it so hard it squashes and wont fit through the guide, so you have to remove the PVA every time you stop printing which would be OK if the extruder temp would settle quickly because by the time they have the PVA has become squashed again.

Unable to print ninja flex because guide to far from pinch wheel and that also buckles

Is it to much to ask that a printer should be able to use Ninjaflex and PVA straight out of the box these days other wise whats the point in a dual head extruder if you cant print PVA as a support.

Continues to print erratically mainly skirts where if stops moveing then jumps forward by 40mm it cant be the sliders belt or motors as once into the print it runs smoothly.

If all that wasn't bad enough the communication between printer and computer is awful, it either drops comunication or takes for ever to respond causing problems with the PVA and the bed temp which takes ages to heat up again as constantly having to reboot printer.

When printing directly on the printer with USB stick printer has no idea how long print is going to take, display panel told me it would take 72hrs to print fan duct.

And that brings me to my last point why is the power switch mounted on the back to the computer most awkward.

If this was a car I would of sent it back by now.

1 person has this problem

i have noticed all these problems too..

I would like to add that I also had similar experience with my new printer (received 28th Jan 2015) when trying to print directly from the USB stick. It told me it was going to take more than 81hrs at which point I turned off the printer.

Why does the 'Stop' button not work when pressed to get you back to the main menu on the printer display. For me this is a repeatable problem.

I would appreciate knowing what the possible causes of the problem might be and what could be checked to understand and resolve this.

Look forward to hearing any useful suggestions / ideas as to what this might be.

Please note that this is a low priority for me as I usually print direct from the PC using Simplify 3D not always successfully either I might add.

Kind regards and thanks in advance.

David

I experienced same problems.
I still didn't find a good solution for the fan, i'm planning to construct a shorter one but i didn't find the time to do yet.
The nozzle temperature problem got fixed (for me +/-2°C) with the lastest firmware update.
@David Ponder the stop button does work, however the printer will complete the loop that it's currently printing. (My suggestion)
Same was the cause for the bad temperature control on the nozzle, it just was too less times checked and adjusted in the .gcode .
Simplify3d sends the command to heat the nozzle to a specific temperature until it balanced on that temperature, i'm not sure but i don't think thats an issue caused by the printer, but it's something to blame Simplify3d for.
I won't recommend the use of PVA at all. I have experienced very much problems printing it, PVA can get burned in the extruder if you leave it in there at 215°C+ for some time.
Luckily leapfrog allowed to return another (unopened) spool of PVA aswell as replacing the clogged nozzle.
If any leapfrog official reads this :
please update the filament descriptions on lpfrg.com !!
That's so far the worst thing i have to blame them for.
Quoting : "The LeapFrog MAXX Exotic Hybrid Transparent Filament is a 1.75mm filament and can be used for the Creatr,..."
Thats all the information you get for the transparent Filament !
You don't even know the printing temperature or any settings.

Regarding the estimated print time on the Creatr HS display :
Just ignore it unless it's below 1h. The algorithm that calculates this is crap, usually trust Simplify3d x 1,5

You can find the estimated print time when you are in the .gcode-preview and look at the top left corner.

In general i think that this printer does quite a good job once you figured everything out and invested enough time in it.

It's just not a printer that's made for out-of-the-box printing.

-Marius

Login or Signup to post a comment

User Manuals

Quick Start Guide

Print Settings

Demo Print Downloads

Drivers Downloads

Software Downloads

Firmware Downloads

Please request a firmware download via the Ticket System

Creatr HS Video Library