Or call our technical support: +31852080825

Available Monday through Friday from 7AM to 3:30PM CET
Please create a ticket before calling and keep the ticket number at hand.
At the moment we are only offering support in English, so we kindly ask you to address your issue in English.
Start a new topic

noisy fan fix

Hey, 

Finally had enough of the jet like fan noise that was constantly running over the hot ends. 

So this is how i solved it. 

I cut out the center part of the aluminum bracket, this is meant to work as a cover for the fan, but in reality quite useless. Also, since it situated at such a close proximity to the fan, it created a fair deal of "air" noise, actually, it is the sole provider of noise in this construction. Run the fan freely and it is barely making any sound. 

Leapfrog has solved the noise issue with a set of 0.8mm washers between the aluminum bracket and the fan. I noticed a hell of a difference by mounting the fan straight ti the bracket, the noise got even worse. 

Any how, I decided to cut out the center, leaving me with a perfectly circular hole circa 40 mm diameter, mounted in this case two 12v fans on each side of the bracket (this was all I had) and a digital voltage regulator. The regulator measures the "out" voltage to the fans. 

In my case 10 v was quite sufficient to create a similar air flow compared to the old system. Now I can regulate the fan speed down to aprox 7.5 v 

jpeg
Login or Signup to post a comment

User Manuals

Quick Start Guide

Print Settings

Demo Print Downloads

Drivers Downloads

Software Downloads

Firmware Downloads

Please request a firmware download via the Ticket System

Creatr HS Video Library