Or call our technical support: +31852080825

Available Monday through Friday from 7AM to 3:30PM CET
Please create a ticket before calling and keep the ticket number at hand.
At the moment we are only offering support in English, so we kindly ask you to address your issue in English.
Start a new topic

Problem with the left extruder

Hello everybody.

I have a Leapfrog CRETR XL since a few days and I started to print some objects, but I have a problem with the left extruder.

I started to print a single object to test the printer only with the right extruder : fine! all was ok.

But now, I want to print something wich need a support material, so I used PVA for the support on the left extruder and ABS on the righ one.

An nothing is going through the nozzle of the left extruder.

I tried it with different materials (ABS PLA PVA ...) and nothing works.

Sometimes, just a few of the material pass through, but imediatly after, it stops.

Do you have an idea of what is happening?

I start to believe that's because of the machine...

I think the nozzle is blocked. But how can I unblock it?

1 Comment

One of two things have happened.  Due to the design of the extruders, the PVA filament can miss the feed-tube which takes the filament to the heated part of the extruder.  That's because there's a gap between the feed rollers and the top of the tube.  PVA is a soft, springy filament too so it tends to wrap around the feed roller.  Subsequently, you may have to dismantle the extruders to get to this mis-directed filament.  Alternatively, a chunk of PVA has wedged itself in the top of the feed tube, in which case, you will have to dismantle the extruders to get to it.  When you have the stepper motor clear of the top of the tube, heat the extruder and when it is at full temperature, use a 1.5mm hex key (allen key) to push the blockage down into the hot area of the extruder.  Reassemble the extruder and try feeding filament.  The Leapfrog extruder design is not ideal for using flexible filaments.  I don't know if there is some sort of warranty on the machine which would prevent you from dismantling the extruders yourself, maybe check up on that.

Login or Signup to post a comment

User Manuals

Quick Start Guide

Print Settings

Demo Print Downloads

Drivers Downloads

Software Downloads

Firmware Downloads

Please request a firmware download via the Ticket System

Creatr HS Video Library