Or call our technical support: +31852080825

Available Monday through Friday from 7AM to 3:30PM CET
Please create a ticket before calling and keep the ticket number at hand.
At the moment we are only offering support in English, so we kindly ask you to address your issue in English.
Start a new topic

Extruder head clogged?

Hi, 

I wonder if anyone have some problems with the quality of the print after more then 24hrs of printing. 

This print would last for 36hrs in total and it seems the last couple of hours the extruder head was clogged or something. 

Kind Regards, 

Bernd Theunis

jpg

probably has nothing to do with it but I had similar print problems then i noticed my filament diameter varied extremely on the roll.. up to 0,2mm difference in dia.

i have had some filament solidify in the hotend so i had to drill them open again with 2mm drill ! ( remove bowden filling and nozzle ) I also have a nice 2mm steel rod to pass through... then it is clean again.

It does look like the extruder started to clog up. These types of clogs can happen over a period of printing if the temperature is borderline tool low. Remember that these nozzles are competing with drafts of air in the workplace/home office. Therefore a slight fluctuation occurs. The same print setting in India do not work as well in Russia (random example). To prevent having to do unnecessary maintenance, increase the temperature a bit more for future prints. The big misunderstanding about 3D printers is that these "printers" aren't like document printers where you hardly ever have to do maintenance; yes, regular maintenance and re-calibration are necessary. Long story short, try setting future print settings to a slightly higher temperature.

Login or Signup to post a comment

User Manuals

Quick Start Guide

Print Settings

Demo Print Downloads

Drivers Downloads

Software Downloads

Firmware Downloads

Please request a firmware download via the Ticket System

Creatr HS Video Library