Or call our technical support: +31852080825

Available Monday through Friday from 7AM to 3:30PM CET
Please create a ticket before calling and keep the ticket number at hand.
At the moment we are only offering support in English, so we kindly ask you to address your issue in English.
Start a new topic

Extruder wheel pressure springs not strong enough

We had the Creatr HS for about 8 months now and we were printing without many issues for about 6 months. Recently we started experiencing an issue where the extruder drive gear occasionally fails to push the filament and the filament just stops for a while. (I'm hypothesizing that this issue is related to the extruder motor axles that were seriously bent off-axis when we received the machine. We physically corrected them but it was not perfect in the end, making the drive gear slightly wobble, also pushing the spring-loaded bearing back and forth, changing the pressure. I hypothesize this because the period that the filament fails to be pushed was precisely linked to a specific region on the drive gear, presumably where it releases the spring to the maximum. It was consistently failing on that region and the drive gear showed no visible sign of wear an tear or any irregularity.) I should also mention that the spring was compressed to the maximum (by squeezing the spring holder head screw all the way). Of course we checked with higher temperatures, makes no difference.

We think we solved this problem by replacing the springs with stronger ones. It seems we're not getting the slip anymore, but this can be an indicator that the springs are not powerful enough to push the filament against the drive gear, or they wear over time. A final note is that we checked and cleaned the nozzle and the tube inside the heater block and made sure that they were not blocked in any way.

1 Comment

Dear Ayberk Özgür,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I will make sure the R&D department look into the springs for the drive units and see if maybe there is a way to improve on them.

Login or Signup to post a comment

User Manuals

Quick Start Guide

Print Settings

Demo Print Downloads

Drivers Downloads

Software Downloads

Firmware Downloads

Please request a firmware download via the Ticket System

Creatr HS Video Library