"My Leapfrog Creatr HS Printer is not Connecting to the PC Even After the Software and Firmware Update. What do I do?"
Hello and thank you for choosing the Creatr HS for your printing needs.
If your Creatr HS printer is not connecting to the PC even after the software and firmware update you will have to do the following steps:
1. If you are using windows 8 or 10 please refer to the link below and download the drivers for you operating system:
2. If this does not work next turn off the printer and remove the power cable from the socket;
3. Now remove the side panels of the printer and the top interior cover plate to expose the electronic assembly of the HS printer;
4. Now that the electronic assembly is exposed the next step is to gain access to the olimex board in order to check the FTDI adaptor which helps enable the connection between the PC and printer;
For this you will have to lift the motherboard which is bolted above the olimex using four bolts, one on each corner.
5. Now you need to disconnect the USB cable connecting the olimex board to the motherboard , the Z induction sensor wire, the stepper motor connectors and the cable powering the motherboard so you can safely lift the motherboard and expose the olimex;
6. At this point you can lift the motherboard and start working on the olimex board;
! Attention: your HS printer may either have a A13 or a A20 olimex board. The A13 has a different adapter which enables the connection and has a different look but the place where the adapter is placed is exactly the same, right next to the display connector.
In the picture presented below you can see the FTDI adaptor which enables the connection between your PC and printer( for the A 20). Now remove the USB cable from the adapter and also take it out from the slot in the olimex board and look for any signs of damage.
If the adapter does not have any surface damage you can see, connect the USB cable and then insert it in the slot on the olimex board, reconnect the wires on the motherboard and before you bolt the motherboard into place turn on the printer and check if the connection to the PC now works.
Below you can see the connections on the A13 olimex board. The procedure is exactly the same remove the FTDI adapter and check for signs of damage and make sure the USB cable is connected all the way through.