Hello and thank you for choosing the Creatr HS for your printing needs.
If you notice your 3D printer stops randomly during printing please follow the steps below in order to troubleshoot the issue:
1. First make sure to have the latest software and firmware upgrades installed on your HS printer:
2. Now that the HS has been updated check if the issue is still present:
3. If the M999 error appears there are two possible root causes:
- first the thermistors for one of the hot ends malfunctioned - check and see if they are reading the ambient room temperature. This can be fixed by replacing the thermistor;
- a wire in the drag chain assembly twisted and when the print head moves to a certain position it will trigger the M999 error and current may not be delivered to the hot end to keep it at the set temperature value or a thermistor wire stops it from reading the temperature value and the firmware stops the printer to avoid any further damage. This can be fixed by replacing the drag chain assembly;
Please check the mentioned steps above and then contact one of our support agents who will help you order the replacement parts required to fix the printer.